OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index OTR @ 154.ca
Old Time Radio :: Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planned downtime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
innner_sanctum
Mayor

Location: Kadath, corner of Wistful Vista and Cypress Canyon, across from the Wig-Wam store, 1B3 X9Q

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting error here. opendns offers to look up failing nameservers, then hangs for a while, shows no nameservers. Some problem with opendns I think.
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Some problem with opendns I think.

Yes.

Note too that the shared spot is on the cownap.com mtm2.com server. They should all be working equally well (or poorly as the case may be).
innner_sanctum
Mayor

Location: Kadath, corner of Wistful Vista and Cypress Canyon, across from the Wig-Wam store, 1B3 X9Q

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked 154 and the other two you mentioned at the opendns support page, all three of them come up as unreachable. You can try it yourself, probably, if opendns is reachable from your dns:

http://www.opendns.com/support/cache/

As I said, proxies and other dnses are reaching the shared site from here, so it's just a problem with opendns. It's been a few days now, so it's probably not just a matter of repropagating a new dns entry.
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what that site is checking for, but... three of four international, and five of eight US locations reported fine. Of the two California locations, one was ok and one was not. Coincidently, people from the three US no-response areas accessed the site earlier today, as I spoke with a number from those locations.

Speaking from personal experience, I have had ISP's block certain sites they took it upon themselves to deem unsuitable for their customers. I don't know if anything like that is happening in the present instance but it's worth considering. After all, mp3 files are evil, right?
innner_sanctum
Mayor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I wasn't sure what the geographical locations were checking for, and some of them sai dthey could reach 154, but the overall verdict at the bottom of the page was a definite nope, not there, sorry. OpenDNS doesn't discriminate against mp3 sites at all afaik. Something might be up, I'll stay tuned.
innner_sanctum
Mayor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenDNS started resolving the 154 site correctly again.
Phineus
Vic and Sadist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's good to hear. Odd mystery though.
vinceandlilly
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Can't download the OTR! Reply with quote

When I try to listen to Jack Benny, it says that the connection was interrupted. Is anyone else having that problem.
radar696
Dog catcher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't download the OTR! Reply with quote

wrote:
When I try to listen to Jack Benny, it says that the connection was interrupted. Is anyone else having that problem.

Welcome to the forum vinceandlilly.

I'm betting that Phineus will tell you that the site wasn't designed for streaming.
I'm sure that if you just grab the file and download it and then listen to it you'll have much better results.
If you wish then to delete the file and repeat the sequence you'll be much happier! Wink Wink

Enjoy yourself!

Radar Cool Cool

It's bigger on the inside.
vinceandlilly
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Replying Reply with quote

Streaming is just playing the file while it downloads, and I can't control when that happens on my computer - sometimes I'll click a link to an mp3, and it opens inside the browser window, but it usually just downloads. When I click on any episode, it gives me the message.

I am using Google Chrome right now, but I have also tried using Internet Explorer - when I use IE, it says

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including
Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server is not reachable, or it does not have a listing for the website's domain.
There might be a typing error in the address.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I have also tried Firefox, and gotten a similar message. I don't think it's my computer or my connection. Is this only happening to me?
roadcone
This Space For Hire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Replying Reply with quote

vinceandlilly wrote:
Streaming is just playing the file while it downloads, and I can't control when that happens on my computer - sometimes I'll click a link to an mp3, and it opens inside the browser window, but it usually just downloads. When I click on any episode, it gives me the message.

I am using Google Chrome right now, but I have also tried using Internet Explorer - when I use IE, it says

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including
Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server is not reachable, or it does not have a listing for the website's domain.
There might be a typing error in the address.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I have also tried Firefox, and gotten a similar message. I don't think it's my computer or my connection. Is this only happening to me?

Try a right-click and select "Save As" from the context menu (it may be called slightly differently in different browsers) or right-click and select Copy Link or Copy URL and then paste that link into your chosen download manager.
vinceandlilly
Radio Dialer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Latest suggestion Reply with quote

This time I tried both Safari and Mobile Safari - see both img's. I right clicked an episode and it asked me where to save it. I told it the desktop, and the dialog box disappeared without any fuss. However, nothing happened. I checked the downloads area in Safari, and it said that the connection was interrupted. I also tried just clicking on it like normal, and I got a message that the server holding the files keeps unexpectedly dropping the connection. I don't use download managers because I find them redundant - browsers usually handle the downloading of files quite fine on their own. However, this is different; maybe I should look for some kind of download manager. Again I ask, is this happening to anybody else?

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/?ui=2&am/...../ine&realattid=f_gr3jrlhz1&zw
https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/?ui=2&am/...../ine&realattid=f_gr3jrgaa0&zw

Hopefully you'll be able to access the images. Thanks for being patient Smile
sailor
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinceandlilly I cannot get files to open located on this forum. IE says there is a connection problem, probably more protocol related than computer related. IE can open files from other sites and give me options. I do not have any automatic streaming programs that I use. I haven't been involved in computer programming since Fortran and MSDOS6 so all I can assume (love that word) is that there is a compatability issue between the server and IE, but for the longest time we have been unbelievably safe from spam and other garbage. To me being able to download what I want without putting up with Olga and her twins Very Happy is a fantastic bargain.

I can save files from this forum anytime using IE. I use Jdownloader for bulk downloading purposes, which also works quite well downloading from this forum.

P.S. I couldn't retrieve your pictures, it always gave me the logon screen for google.

Ray
Rosebud
Sea Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe vinceandlilly is referring to the Jack Benny files located at OTRPerk (http://otrperk.com/jackbenny.cgi), Phineus' repository of awesomeness. I tootled over there, and indeed, can get none of the files to either download or play. I assume this means the files there have gone missing, or something to that effect, and that it's not a problem at vinceandlilly's end.
sailor
Radio Star
Radio Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosebud wrote:
I believe vinceandlilly is referring to the Jack Benny files located at OTRPerk (http://otrperk.com/jackbenny.cgi), Phineus' repository of awesomeness. I tootled over there, and indeed, can get none of the files to either download or play. I assume this means the files there have gone missing, or something to that effect, and that it's not a problem at vinceandlilly's end.

BINGO!! Laughing I shall now go back and tie knots.

Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OTR @ 154.ca Forum Index -> News and Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: